ACADEMIC INTEGRITY MODULE
Not currently offered
Credit points: 0
This subject introduces students to the principles of academic integrity in the context of La Trobe University's values and policy. Students learn what their responsibilities are in relation to maintaining ethical standards in all aspects of academic work and the potential ramifications for academic misconduct according to the Academic Integrity Policy. Activities and quizzes are provided which are designed to develop an understanding of the concepts of cheating, plagiarism and collusion. Topics include an explanation of how the text-matching tool 'Turnitin' is used at La Trobe, and where to get help and where to go to develop referencing skills.
SchoolLa Trobe Learning & Teaching
Subject Co-ordinatorJulianne East
Available to Study Abroad StudentsYes
Subject year levelYear Level 1 - UG
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Recognise and understand their academic integrity responsibilities;
- Introductory quiz and feedback
02. Locate information about La Trobe's approach to academic integrity and referencing styles;
- Location of documents and quizzes
03. Understand the importance of how to properly acknowledge and reference;
- Online activities using Academic Referencing Module and online quizzes.
04. Apply knowledge to avoid academic misconduct; and,
- Completion of final quiz and statement of student responsibility.
05. Evaluate situations to decide on appropriate academic integrity behaviour.
- Review of videos showing various scenario and completion of quiz questions.
Select to view your study options…