HEALTH AND MENTAL HEALTH PRACTICE
Credit points: 15
This subject deals with a number of aspects of health psychology in health promotion and clinical settings in some depth. This subject will build on areas of health psychology that students will most likely have covered in undergraduate health psychology but will be explored at an advanced level. The areas of mental health and legal issues surrounding practice in mental health settings are also covered.
SchoolSchool of Psychology & Public Health
Subject Co-ordinatorSusan Paxton
Available to Study Abroad StudentsNo
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Demonstrate knowledge about application of psychological principles to key areas of clinical health psychology.
- Brief formative assessment quiz
02. Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the psychological consequences and evidence-based interventions related to a particular chronic disorder
- A written essay
03. Demonstrate a working knowledge of practice frameworks within which clinical psychology services may be conceptualised and delivered
- Reflection on implications for future practice of what you learned from 5 of the 7 topics
04. A working knowledge of practice frameworks within which clinical psychology services may be conceptualised and delivered
- Written reflections and activities during class
Select to view your study options…
Melbourne, 2015, Semester 2, Day
Maximum enrolment sizeN/A
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorSusan Paxton
SeminarWeek: 31 - 43
One 2.0 hours seminar per week on weekdays during the day from week 31 to week 43 and delivered via face-to-face.
TutorialWeek: 31 - 43
One 1.0 hours tutorial per week on weekdays during the day from week 31 to week 43 and delivered via face-to-face.
|a 1600 word essay||There is also a formative quiz assessment that is a hurdle requirement designed to provide early feedback of learning. In addition. there is a minimum of 80% attendance requirement except in exceptional circumstances.||55||01, 02|
|a 1400 word essay||There is also a minimum of 80% attendance requirement except in exceptional circumstances.||45||03, 04|