HEALTH ECONOMICS AND FINANCE
Not currently offered
Credit points: 15
In this subject students will be given the opportunity to gain a fundamental understanding of economic principles and their application in health and health care. Basic concepts in economic analysis and the allocation of resources in health care are introduced. The application of economic analysis to health policy issues are explored. This subject should enable students to: provide an economic perspective to key issues in health and health care; and critically appraise health economic evaluation studies.
SchoolSchool of Psychology & Public Health
Subject Co-ordinatorHassan Vally
Available to Study Abroad StudentsYes
Subject year levelYear Level 4 - UG/Hons/1st Yr PG
Incompatible subjects Students who enrol in PHE5IHE are excluded from enrolling in PHE5HEF.
Special conditions Offered subject to sufficient to enrolment numbers.
|Resource Type||Title||Resource Requirement||Author and Year||Publisher|
|Readings||Principles in health economics and policy||Preliminary||Olsen, J.||OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS, 2009|
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Understand core concepts from (health) economics.
02. Discuss the broad dimensions of health expenditure in Australia.
03. Analyse how society should intervene in the derminants that affect health.
04. Analyse how health care should be financed.
05. Analyse how health care providers should be paid.
06. Analyse how alternative health care programs should be evaluated to set priorities.
Select to view your study options…