par3cpa clinical placement a
CLINICAL PLACEMENT A
Credit points: 15
In this first clinical placement subject, you will have an opportunity to integrate theory into practice under supervision. You will explore the role of the paramedic as a clinician and build on the model of paramedic clinical competence in the context of paramedic clinical practice. While on clinical placement, you will have the opportunity to practice and develop your clinical skills in the management of patients with acute health conditions in a supervised clinical environment. Skills to be practised include communication and scene management, and procedures associated with airway, breathing, circulation, posture and patient assessment.
SchoolLa Trobe Rural Health School
Subject Co-ordinatorRay Gleeson
Available to Study Abroad StudentsYes
Subject year levelYear Level 3 - UG
Prerequisites PAR3CTM and PAR3PCR
Co-requisites PAR3GSN and PHE3BRH
|Resource Type||Title||Resource Requirement||Author and Year||Publisher|
|Readings||Clinical Practice Guidelines for Ambulance and MICA Paramedics||Prescribed||Ambulance Victoria 2014||BLUE STAR PRINT MELBOURNE (SUPPLIED BY LTU)|
|Readings||Mosby's Paramedic Textbook||Prescribed||Sanders, MJ 2010||4TH EDN, ELSEVIER MOSBY, ST LOUIS, USA|
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Explain the care you provide to patients while supervised in an emergency ambulance service setting.
- Undertake supervised clinical practice with an ambulance service
02. Perform as an effective and responsible team member and work, under supervision, with other paramedic and health care professionals to provide appropriate patient care.
- Perform a patient handover to a receiving facility.
03. Recognise and perform your role and responsibilities in a supervised emergency clinical setting.
- Undertake the collection and interpretation of a patient history.
04. Assimilate information and communicate it clearly as appropriate for the emergency ambulance services setting.
- Complete an ambulance service patient care record.
05. Critically reflect on and review your clinical practice to determine, and put in place, strategies for improvement.
- Complete a report on an aspect of clinical practice, supported by clinical log and reflective journal.
Select to view your study options…
Bendigo, 2015, Week 41-50, Blended
Maximum enrolment sizeN/A
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorSusan Furness
Placement - Off SiteWeek: 42 - 50
One 112.0 hours placement - off site per study period on any day including weekend during the day from week 42 to week 50 and delivered via blended.
"Clinical placement component"
Block ModeWeek: 41 - 41
Eight 3.0 hours block mode per week on weekdays during the day from week 41 to week 41 and delivered via face-to-face.
"Induction to placement Monday to Thursday (2 groups) 0900-1200 then 1300-1600hrs"
Block ModeWeek: 41 - 41
One 7.0 hours block mode per week on weekdays during the day from week 41 to week 41 and delivered via face-to-face.
"Friday only (0900 - 1600hrs)"
|One 1,500-word assignment||40||02, 01, 03, 05, 04|
|One 15-minute clinical assessment scenario (equivalent to 500-words)||Hurdle requirement||20||04, 02, 01|
|One 2,000-word online reflective journal||40||03, 02, 01, 04, 05|