Credit points: 15
In this subject you will develop specialised knowledge and skills in research through its application to an area you identify in your professional practice. Specifically, you will develop specialised cognitive and technical skills that demonstrate application of the underlying principles and theoretical concepts of research. You will critically analyse, reflect on and synthesise complex information and apply established theories of your professional discipline. You will also interpret research knowledge and ideas to communicate within your professional discipline and general community.
SchoolSchool of Nursing & Midwifery
Subject Co-ordinatorDavid Edvardsson
Available to Study Abroad StudentsNo
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Critically reflect on your current practice and appraise the situation to focus on an area of practice for investigation.
- Outline an area in your professional practice that requires investigation. Communicate about a research problem in your professional practice.
02. Design a research proposal that demonstrates capacity to apply appropriate research knowledge and skills to address the area for investigation.
- Formulate a research question to address the research problem. Decide on an appropriate research design. Justify selection of research design to address the research question. Decide appropriate data collection and analysis strategies. Devise appropriate techniques of research rigour to validate research results.
03. Demonstrate safe and ethical research practice in the research design.
- Apply the key ethical principles of research to their proposed research. Incorporate ethical processes required to conduct the research.
04. Critically appraise and interpret available evidence to justify your research proposal.
- Appraise current research literature relevant to the research proposal. Compare and contrast current research literature relevant to the research proposal. Devise a rational argument to justify the proposed research.
05. Interpret complex information into an appropriate mode to inform others with specific needs and context.
- Reconstruct research proposal in language suitable for communication to the professional discipline. Adapt research proposal to communicate to the general community.
Select to view your study options…
Online, 2015, Teaching Session 4, Online
Maximum enrolment sizeN/A
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorDavid Edvardsson
Evidence Based Learning
One 150.0 hours evidence based learning per study period on weekdays during the day from week 24 to week 29 and delivered via online.
"150 hours of online directed and self-directed learning."
|One 1,500-word written task (or equivalent).||30||01|
|One 2,000-word examination (or equivalent).||40||01, 02, 03, 04, 05|
|One multimedia and digital presentation, using specified media (equiv to 1,500 words).||30||01, 05|