nsg5erp ethics in rsch
ETHICS IN RESEARCH AND PRACTICE
Credit points: 15
All nurses are expected to work within a professional Code of Ethics and all researchers are expected to work within a framework of ethical conduct. You will explore the many aspects of ethical conduct embedded in everyday practice and the specific challenges of ensuring people in our care are protected from harm, coercion and that confidentiality is maintained.
SchoolSchool of Nursing & Midwifery
Subject Co-ordinatorAngela Herd
Available to Study Abroad StudentsNo
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Articulate the major ethical considerations for the provision of clinical care and for research on humans.
- Online activity. Literature searching using a range of sources of evidence.
02. Identify and explain strategies to ensure the ethical rights of humans are maintained in practice and in research.
- Online activity. Undertake an analysis of a contemporary nursing research ethics in practice.
03. Identify and explain the major ethical values that can be applied to assess ethical integrity in practice and research.
- Online activity. Critically apply social/ethical theory to a contested area of contemporary practice.
04. Ability to plan a research study with consideration of all the ethical responsibilities of the researcher.
- Review and/or prepare a human research ethics proposal.
Select to view your study options…
Online, 2015, Teaching Session 5, Online
Maximum enrolment sizeN/A
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorAngela Herd
Evidence Based LearningWeek: 31 - 36
One 150.0 hours evidence based learning per study period on weekdays during the day from week 31 to week 36 and delivered via online.
"150 hours of directed and self-directed online learning."
|One 1,500-word written task (or equivalent).||30||01, 02, 03, 04|
|One 2,000-word examination (or equivalent).||40||01, 02, 03, 04|
|One multimedia and digital presentation, using specified media (equiv of 1,500 words).||30||01, 02, 03, 04|