USA CORPORATIONS LAW
Not currently offered
Credit points: 15
In this subject, students will study distinctive aspects of American Corporations Law. In particular, students will be introduced to: Company Formation; Financing & Valuation; Limited Liability & Piercing Corporate veil; Governance; Mergers & Acquisitions; Duty of Care; Indemnification & Insurance; Duty of Loyalty - Self Dealing & Corporate Opportunity; Controlling Shareholders-Self Dealing; Freezeouts, Looting & Sale of Corporate Office; Corporate Litigation; Close Corporations; Takeovers; Federal Securities Laws.
SchoolLa Trobe Law School
Subject Co-ordinatorGordon Walker
Available to Study Abroad StudentsYes
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
|Resource Type||Title||Resource Requirement||Author and Year||Publisher|
|Readings||Understanding corporate law||Prescribed||Pinto, A. and Branson, D.||3RD EDN, LEXIS NEXIS, 2009|
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Be able to describe the distinctive aspects of USA Company Law.
02. Be able to identify the requirements of company formation and apply to fact situation the principle incidents of USA Company Law.
- Lectures and problem solving activities.
03. Distinguish the various Federal Securities Laws.
- Team presentation/scenarios on USA Corporations Law.
Select to view your study options…