hbs1hwp health, work and play
HEALTH, WORK AND PLAY
Credit points: 15
In this subject, students will learn how wellbeing, health and safety are affected by our work and other activities. The aim of this subject is to enable students to understand the importance for health and safety of planning and designing work, activities and other things to suit human needs capacities and limitations. Using a systematic approach to problem solving based on Ergonomics, Safety and Health (ESH) principles of professional practice, students will work individually, to investigate a variety of examples drawn from road safety, occupational health and safety, and the wider community. Students based at campus other than Melbourne will need to enrol by manually completing a variation of enrolment form.
SchoolSchool of Psychology & Public Health
Subject Co-ordinatorVictoria Weale
Available to Study Abroad StudentsYes
Subject year levelYear Level 1 - UG
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Interpret and apply data from anthropometric sources.
- Perform enquiry
02. Apply anthropometric data to solve a problem and critically evaluate the intervention.
- Perform enquiry.
03. Plan and design a solution to minimise hazards young workers or young drivers are exposed to, utilising appropriate communication skills suited to specific audiences.
- Perform enquiry and report writing.
04. Describe and apply key concepts related to usability.
- Case study analysis.
05. Analyse web site to identify problems and identify improvements.
- Case study analysis.
06. Analyse factors that contribute to accidents.
- Perform enquiry, case study analysis.
Select to view your study options…
Melbourne, 2015, Semester 2, Online
Maximum enrolment sizeN/A
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorVictoria Weale
Problem Based LearningWeek: 31 - 43
One 34.0 hours problem based learning per study period on weekdays during the day from week 31 to week 43 and delivered via online.
"One 34-hour Problem Based learning per study period on any day including weekend during the day from week 31 to week 43 and delivered via on-line. (Online learning package with a total of 34 hours of online learning modules, discusion and activities.)"
|Contributions to online discussions (equivalent to 500 words).||10||03, 05|
|One 1,200-word individual written report||30||03, 04|
|Report, model development and video (equivalent to 1,500 words).||30||01, 02|
|Two 20-minute quizzes||30||02, 03, 04, 05, 06|