exs5pep prof pract for ex phys
PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE FOR EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGY
Credit points: 15
In this subject you will explore concepts relating to professional practice as an Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP). These concepts will revolve around effective communication with patients, accessing clinical information, conducting appropriate assessments and effective clinical reporting and note taking. You will also analyse different compensatory schemes and methods of AEP practice with high professional and ethical standards.
SchoolLa Trobe Rural Health School
Subject Co-ordinatorBrett Gordon
Available to Study Abroad StudentsNo
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
Prerequisites HZESPB or HMEPB
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Develop and critique effective and appropriate interprofessional and client communications
- Online lectures, forums and quizzes will be used to discuss and demonstrate effective communication.
02. Appraise compensation schemes, professional conduct and ethical practice, and evaluate methods of communication and obtaining information
- Online lectures, readings, forums and quizzes will be used to discuss and evaluate compensatory schemes and methods of obtaining factual information
03. Critically evaluate functional capacity, particularly around occupational rehabilitation recommend interventions
- Online lectures and forums will provide background information about functional capacity evaluations, ergonomic assessments, case management, activities of daily living and report writing. Simple and interactive online case studies will provide opportunities to practice skills in questioning, note taking and reporting.
Select to view your study options…
Bendigo, 2015, Semester 2, Online
Maximum enrolment sizeN/A
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorBrett Gordon
Scheduled Online ClassWeek: 31 - 43
One 3.0 hours scheduled online class per week on weekdays during the day from week 31 to week 43 and delivered via online.
|One 1,500-word and 10-minute edited video Case study assignment||60||01, 03|
|Two x 1000 word essays (20% each)||Essay 1 will evaluate communication & professional practice as an AEP. Essay 2 will discuss compensation schemes & implications of these for both patients & health care providers.||40||01, 02|
|Exercise and Sports Science Australia compensation scheme standards and compliance assessment.||Successful completion of the compensation standards and compliance assessment is a hurdle requirement for being able to pass this subject.||02|