TEACHING AND LEARNING IN A VIRTUAL ENVIRONMENT
Not currently offered
Credit points: 15
This subject is aimed at meeting the needs of current or future teachers with an interest in virtual learning. Students are presented with theories of virtual learning which then are applied to students' own learning areas through the development of virtual curriculum materials. Students explore pedagogies of teaching and learning in a virtual environment, teaching and facilitation strategies. Students also explore learning design for teaching in an online environment.
SchoolSchool of Education
Subject Co-ordinatorGreg Powell
Available to Study Abroad StudentsNo
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
|Resource Type||Title||Resource Requirement||Author and Year||Publisher|
|Readings||Preparing for blended e-learning,||Recommended||Littlejohn, A. & Pegler, C.||ROUTLEDGE 2007|
|Readings||Increasing Student Engagement and Retention in e-Learning Environments : Web 2.0 and Blended Learning Technologies||Recommended||Wankel, C. & Blessinger, P. (2013)||EMERALD GROUP PUBLISHING LTD|
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Engage in the Virtual Learning experience sessions and apply knowledge, curriculum content, and teaching and learning strategies suitable to this environment .
- Participation in regular Collaborate (Virtual Learning Environment) sessions.
02. Apply knowledge and skills to the development of appropriate curriculum materials for Virtual Learning Environments in educational settings.
- Completion of weekly readings and online, blended learning modules.
03. Develop an understanding of the processes of curriculum implementation based on Virtual learning environments..
- Design and develop suitable curriculum materials appropriate to educational settings.
Select to view your study options…