Results, transcripts and graduation


Results can be accessed via StudentOnLine.

You will also receive your results via your La Trobe email address as unit results are released. The results will not be mailed out to your postal address. If you have any queries regarding missing results, they should be directed to your College, School or Department.

Please note: StudentOnLine is not available between 6pm and 10pm every Thursday. Your StudentOnLine Username and Password is printed on your initial Statement of Account.

You will also receive your results via your La Trobe email address as unit results are released.

Examination results will not be mailed out.


Graduating students will receive a complementary academic transcript which will be automatically posted to your postal address. If you want to order an extra copy of academic transcript, visit the ASK La Trobe Help Zone

Please note: you should ensure that the Student Administration Office is showing that you have completed your degree/course before you order your transcript (where applicable).

Study abroad and exchange students

Current Study Abroad students are now required to request and pay for transcripts through the Student Administration Office, as outlined above. La Trobe International is unable to request academic transcripts on behalf of students.

For exchange students, the home institution will be mailed the Academic Transcript. If you require a further copy you will need to request and pay for it at the Student Administration Office.


Visit the La Trobe Graduations page for information regarding graduation ceremonies.

Graduation packages, including application forms, will be mailed out to all qualified students.

It is essential that students maintain current address, phone and email details with the University. You can do this via StudentOnLine.

Students who have qualified for an award must complete the Conferring of an Award form by the due date specified in the graduation package to advise whether they:

  • Intend to proceed to Honours
  • Wish to attend a graduation ceremony, either in Australia or overseas
  • Wish to have the award conferred 'in absentia' (ie. you do not wish to attend the graduation ceremony)
  • Wish to defer graduation and attend a ceremony at a later date.

Failure to return the Conferring of an Award form will result in the award being conferred 'in absentia'. The award will not be printed until the student contacts the Graduations Office in writing or by email.

All degrees conferred 'in absentia' will be forwarded by registered mail, 4 weeks after the graduation ceremony, to the address you have provided to the University.

Please note: students who have debts to the University are not permitted to graduate.

Please note that students who have accepted an offer to continue with Honours CANNOT graduate in the normal degree. Therefore must complete the form requesting to defer graduations. If students decide to withdraw from Honours and graduate in the normal degree they must put the request in writing to the Graduations Office.