SYSTEMATIC REVIEW AND EVALUATION OF PHYSIOTHERAPY RESEARCH
Credit points: 30
In this subject, physiotherapists critically evaluate clinical practices and beliefs. Students read and evaluate research into interventions or assessments utilised by physiotherapists. Students search for information using sophisticated search strategies to identify relevant information about physiotherapy practices. Students evaluate research reports using standardised methods, evaluate research validity using predetermined criteria, synthesize results of comparable studies and summarise results in a format that advises physiotherapy practice and is suitable for publication. Students will spend approximately 80% of their time in information retrieval, assessment, analysis, synthesis, manuscript construction and individual consultation with their supervisor
SchoolSchool Allied Health,Human Serv & Sport
Subject Co-ordinatorTania Pizzari
Available to Study Abroad StudentsNo
Subject year levelYear Level 6 - Doctoral
Special conditions Offer is subject to sufficient enrolments.
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Effectively source, manage, and reference authoritative literature
- Eight 3 hour lectures, four 1 hour library sessions
02. Critically evaluate literature on a defined topic
- Eight 3 hours lectures, four 1 hour library sessions
03. Synthesise findings from reviewed literature into a critical review prepared in an academic writing style
- Eight 3 hours lectures, four 1 hours library sessions, weekly meetings with supervisor
Select to view your study options…
Melbourne, 2019, Semester 1, Day
Maximum enrolment sizeN/A
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorTania Pizzari
One 4.0 hours lecture other recurrence and delivered via face-to-face.
"Students will attend one 4-hour lecture per week in weeks 1-4 and in weeks 9-12 of semester. Students are also required to complete 15 non-contact hours throughout the semester."
|30-minute oral presentation at a seminar.||25||01, 02, 03|
|6,000-word assignment||75||01, 02, 03|