ASSESSMENT AND TREATMENT OF MAJOR DISORDERS
Credit points: 15
The subject is designed to provide an opportunity to learn in some depth about treatments for major disorders in adult populations, from a standpoint of the critical use of clinical practice guidelines and evidence based practice.
SchoolSchool of Psychology & Public Health
Subject Co-ordinatorJohn Farhall
Available to Study Abroad StudentsNo
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Critically appraise evidence based practice
- Written appraisals of evidence based practice and clinical guidelines
02. Demonstrate a familiarity with specific treatments for major disorders and their underpinning theoretical models
- Self directed reading. Written analysis of theoretical models
03. Demonstrate an ability to participate and lead a peer managed professional development group
- Leading one group and writing a self reflective journal on leadership
Select to view your study options…
Melbourne, 2019, Semester 1, Day
Maximum enrolment sizeN/A
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorJohn Farhall
One 2.0 hours lecture per week on weekdays during the day from week 10 to week 22 and delivered via face-to-face.
One 1.0 hours tutorial per week on weekdays during the day from week 10 to week 22 and delivered via face-to-face.
|One treatment guideline revieo (1,000-words)||25||01|
|One theoretical models assignment (2,250-words)||60||02|
|One reflective journal (750-words)||15||03|