MANAGEMENT OF HEALTH ORGANISATIONS
Not currently offered
Credit points: 30
This subject aims to assist participants to develop an advanced understanding of the research, extant literature and the practice of selected aspects of leadership, management and organisational processes to enhance organisational performance in health care and social welfare organisations. The subject assists students to establish a strong conceptual basis for doctoral level research. Participants will select one or more aspects of leadership, management or organisational processes which they desire to investigate in depth.
SchoolSchool of Psychology & Public Health
Subject Co-ordinatorSandra Leggat
Available to Study Abroad StudentsNo
Subject year levelYear Level 6 - Doctoral
Special conditions This subject is a core subject in the Level 6 Professional Doctorates and so will be offered with at least one student enrolled.
|Resource Type||Title||Resource Requirement||Author and Year||Publisher|
|Readings||Students will access recent academic journals and other references provided in class||Prescribed||.||.|
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Critically evaluate and synthesise the body of knowledge encompassing current practice and relevant research literature related to the leadership, management and organisational processes in health and welfare settings that you plan to research.
- Identify relevant literature. Critical literature review.
02. Critically appraise the research principles and methods applicable to your field of research.
- Summarise research methods used in your field. Critical evaluation of the principles, design and research methods.
03. Critically reflect upon your own professional experience and practice as a leader or manager and incorporate this understanding into your research and practice.
- Structured reflection exercises. Sharing learning and plans in seminars.
04. Expertly communicate your synthesis of the relevant body of knowledge and the contribution of your research to extend this body of knowledge.
- Lead a one hour seminar. Video presentation of chosen research topic.
05. Critically reflect on your competence as a researcher and independently plan for your continued development.
- Structured reflection exercise. Plan and access additional HDR support.
Select to view your study options…