FOUNDATIONS OF ART THERAPY B
Credit points: 15
In this subject the art in the art therapy experience is explored including the impact of materials use, the context and setting. You will explore the creative process both experientially and theoretically. This subject completes the foundation to art therapy training commenced in Foundations A.
SchoolSchool of Psychology & Public Health
Subject Co-ordinatorPatricia Fenner
Available to Study Abroad StudentsNo
Subject year levelYear Level 4 - UG/Hons/1st Yr PG
Prerequisites Must be admitted into HMART - Master of Art Therapy or HCART - Graduate Certificate in Art Therapy.
|Resource Type||Title||Resource Requirement||Author and Year||Publisher|
|Readings||Art therapy, research and evidence-based practice.||Recommended||Gilroy, A. 2006||LONDON: SAGE.|
|Readings||Arts therapies: A reseach based map of the field||Recommended||Karkou, V. & Sanderson, P. 2006||LONDON: ELSEVIER.|
|Readings||Expressive Therapies Continuum: A framework for using art in therapy||Recommended||Hinz, L. 2009||NY: TAYLOR AND FRANCIS.|
|Readings||Imagery and visual expression in therapy||Recommended||Lusebrink, V.B. 1990||NY: PLENUM PRESS.|
|Readings||Studio art therapy||Recommended||Moon, C.A. 2002||LONDON: JESSICA KINGSLEY.|
|Readings||The arts therapies: a revolution in healthcare||Recommended||Jones, P. 2005||HOVE & NEW YORK: BRUNNER ROUTLEGE.|
|Readings||Materials and media in art therapy||Recommended||Moon, C. (2010)||Routledge|
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Analyse and apply the informed use of materials in art therapy in relation to the theoretical model of Expressive Therapies Continuum
- Experiential activities in class, paper1, paper 2
02. Discern and analyse the psychological factors present in the material environment within the therapeutic context
- Lecture, class activities
03. Explore and articulate a complex understanding of the personal experience of the creative process
- Experiential activities in class, paper 1, paper 2
04. Demonstrate a high level of complex understanding of an ethical framework to decision making in art therapy practice
- Experiential activities in class, lectures
Select to view your study options…
Melbourne, 2019, Week 29-30, Blended
Maximum enrolment sizeN/A
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorPatricia Fenner
Five 7.0 hours block mode per study period from week 29 to week 30 and delivered via face-to-face.
"Block mode teaching over five full days: Last"
|One paper (2,000-words)||40||03|
|One paper (2,500-words)||60||01, 02, 04|