NURTURING CHILD AND FAMILY
Credit points: 15
In this subject, students will further explore concepts which underpin early childhood development, particularly those of parent-child relationship based therapies and practices, and their application to maternal and child health practice. This subject is delivered via a flexible online mode comprising learning modules via LMS and/or equivalent online virtual classrooms. It is supported by clinical practicum in a community setting.
SchoolSchool of Nursing & Midwifery
Subject Co-ordinatorCatina Adams
Available to Study Abroad StudentsNo
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
Prerequisites Must be admitted in the following course: HGCFCN
Special conditions Students must have secured a clinical placement with a Maternal and Child Health service provider in their state, with written confirmation of this, prior to commencing the subject.
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Further develop an understanding of and evaluate early child and family characteristics that affect the young child#s capacity for self-regulation
- Online activity; Clinical practicum; written exercise
02. Explain the theoretical concepts which inform the social, emotional and cognitive development of young children related to maternal and child health practice
- Online activity; Clinical practicum
03. Use reflective practice to understand personal responses to working with families in diverse communities, and recognise areas for professional and/or personal development
- Online activity; Written exercise; Clinical practicum
Select to view your study options…
Melbourne, 2019, Semester 1, Blended
Maximum enrolment sizeN/A
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorCatina Adams
Unscheduled Online Class
One 6.0 hours unscheduled online class per week on any day including weekend during the day from week 10 to week 22 and delivered via online.
"6 hours per week of flexible online student directed learning modules."
Scheduled Online Class
Six 2.0 hours scheduled online class per study period on weekdays during the day from week 10 to week 22 and delivered via online.
"6 x 2-hour online virtual classrooms (or face-to face-seminar equivalent) per semester."
Placement - Off Site
One 30.0 hours placement - off site per study period on any day including weekend during the day from week 10 to week 22 and delivered via face-to-face.
"30 hours off site placement throughout semester time (self-sourced, average 5x6 hours)"
|One 1000-word written assessment||35||01, 02, 03|
|One 2500-word written assessment||50||01, 02, 03|
|One 1500-word equivalent reflective activity, using specified media||Reflective activity incorporating learnings from clinical practicum. Includes completion of 30 clinical hours in community settings (Hurdle).||15||01, 02, 03|