edu5sts sustainability thinking (science)
SUSTAINABILITY THINKING (SCIENCE)
Not currently offered
Credit points: 15
In this subject students develop skills to teach science and sustainability in primary schools by exploring the scope of concepts, principles and issues in sustainability from a science perspective. Students research and analyse a current sustainability issue from which they develop unit plans and resources for teaching in a primary school. Students will be involved in online and experiential learning activities. Interdisciplinary components are expected in the approach to this subject.
SchoolSchool of Education
Subject Co-ordinatorPrem Kurup
Available to Study Abroad StudentsNo
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
|Author and Year
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Articulate the complexities of sustainability education with particular attention to science, using key issues and systemic awareness.
- Sustainability Education (Developed online resource)
02. Identify and apply contemporary pedagogical approaches for teaching science and sustainability literacy.
- Resources based on sustainability and sustainability projects in Schools
03. Analyse a current sustainability issue using a science focus and multidisciplinary awareness.
- La Trobe University Wildlife Sanctuary and/or Envizi data access, interpretation and development into creative tools
Select to view your study options…