LITERACY AND NUMERACY IN SECONDARY SCHOOL
Not currently offered
Credit points: 15
In this subject students focus on personal, conceptual, understandings of literacy and numeracy. Students apply broad teaching strategies to promote understanding of how literacy and numeracy impact on teaching and learning within their discipline areas.
SchoolSchool of Education
Subject Co-ordinatorRebecca Miles-Keogh
Available to Study Abroad StudentsYes
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
|Resource Type||Title||Resource Requirement||Author and Year||Publisher|
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Analyse literacy and numeracy teaching strategies and their application in discipline areas.
- Contemporary understandings of research evidence related to teaching reading, writing, speaking, listening and mathematics.
02. Teach reading and writing, speaking and listening and mathematics appropriate to teaching level and area using approaches based on knowledge and evidence.
- Resources to support teaching of students# literacy and numeracy learning appropriate to discipline areas.
03. Apply a range of targeted teaching and assessment strategies, and resources, in reading, writing, speaking, listening and mathematics.
- Diagnostic tests and discussion about value of testing/progression. Problem solving as a pedagogical approach inclusive of literacy/numeracy.
Select to view your study options…