edu3dt design and technology
DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY
Not currently offered
Credit points: 15
In this subject students develop the skills and knowledge to incorporate the Interdisciplinary strands of current curriculum into their daily classroom program. Areas covered include the development of design skills, knowledge and understanding of good design, whilst nurturing creativity and innovation through designing and making. Supported by a range of practical activities and tasks, students examine the methodology, processes, assessment, OH&S issues and diversity of Technology based on the Design Process that is available at Primary level. Students participate in an integrated teaching experience in a primary school, where they design,implement and evaluate an integrated unit of work incorporating design and technology.
SchoolSchool of Education
Subject Co-ordinatorSimon O'Mallon
Available to Study Abroad StudentsYes
Subject year levelYear Level 3 - UG
Equivalent subjects EDU4DT
|Author and Year
|In The Bubble, Designing in a complex world
|Thackara, J. (2006)
|Teaching design and technology 3-11
|Newton, D (2005)
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Identify clear expectations for safe learning environments for all students, including learning environments outside school settings.
02. Demonstrate the use of design and technology principles for primary classroom contexts in an integrated unit of work.
03. Demonstrate cooperative and independent approaches to group project-based learning.
04. Design and document differentiated learning experiences that promote higher order thinking and critical inquiry, and use ICT to support learning.
05. Employ processes to monitor and assess student understanding and progress.
Select to view your study options…