Credit points: 15
Students will study advanced concepts and issues associated with the development of commercial and business applications for the World Wide Web. Topics include web page design issues, new and emergent mark-up language concepts for the Web Protocols, forms and CGI basics; programming in Perl; shopping cart applications; web security.
SchoolSchool Engineering&Mathematical Sciences
Subject Co-ordinatorTim Whitfort
Available to Study Abroad StudentsYes
Subject year levelYear Level 3 - UG
Prerequisites CSE1IOO and CSE2CN
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Interpret and develop programs written in web programming language
- Two lectures and laboratory classes to introduce the web programming language used in this subject.
02. Identify and discuss the role of Common Gateway Interface and the security issues arising in network accessible programming.
- Two lectures and laboratory classes to introduce programming for web based server side applications. Two lectures and laboratory classes to understand security issues associated with programming for the network
03. Design and implement web applications such as shopping carts and other e-commerce systems, including consideration of various approaches.
- Ten lectures and laboratory classes focussing on the development of shopping cart applications and their associated issues. Four lectures, and laboratory classes focussing on constructing software using current web technologies.
04. Identify and discuss alternative technologies to those used in this subject.
- Two lectures, and laboratory classes focussing on constructing web applications using alternative technologies.
Select to view your study options…
Bendigo, 2019, Semester 1, Day
Maximum enrolment sizeN/A
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorTim Whitfort
One 2.0 hours laboratory class per week on weekdays during the day from week 10 to week 22 and delivered via face-to-face.
One 2.0 hours lecture per week on weekdays during the day from week 10 to week 22 and delivered via face-to-face.
|one 2.5 hour examination||Hurdle requirement: To pass the subject, a pass in the examination is mandatory.||60||01, 02, 03, 04|
|two assignments (each 1000-word essay equivalent)||40||01, 02, 03, 04|