VENDOR CERTIFICATION FOR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY E
Not currently offered
Credit points: 15
The focus of this subject is C# programming. It assumes that students are familiar with general programming principles and object-oriented programming concepts. The subject is part of a group of subjects that prepare students for Microsoft Programming in C# examination 70-483. The subject starts with basic program concepts, then moved on to more advanced topics such as creating and implementing class hierarchies and exception handling.
SchoolSchool Engineering&Mathematical Sciences
Subject Co-ordinatorFei Liu
Available to Study Abroad StudentsNo
Subject year levelYear Level 2 - UG
Prerequisites Must be admitted to SBAIO
|Resource Type||Title||Resource Requirement||Author and Year||Publisher|
|Readings||MCSD Certification Toolkit (Exam 70-483)||Prescribed||Covaci, T. et.al. 2013||John Wiley & Sons, Inc.|
|Readings||Introduction to C#||Prescribed||Computer Power Institute, 2017||Didasko Digital|
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Implement C# programs using basic flow control
- Self-paced reading, practical activities, exercises from prescribed eBook. Webinars and discussion forums, including practical demonstrations will be used to supplement the learning of complex concepts.
02. Implement exception handling
- Webinars will be used to demonstrate the core concepts of coding exception handling. Self-guided examples will help expand knowledge. Online quizzes will also help in scaffolding the learning.
03. Implement programs that access a database
- Webinars will be used to demonstrate the core concepts. Self-guided examples will help expand knowledge. Video tutorials will also be used to demonstrate working examples.
04. Create and implement class hierarchies
- Self-paced reading, practical activities, exercises from prescribed eBook. Video tutorials will also be used to demonstrate working examples. As the final step webinars will be used to discuss students work using peer-learning
05. Create and implement events and callbacks
- Self-paced practical activities, exercises from prescribed eBook.
Select to view your study options…