CLINICAL EVALUATION A
Credit points: 30
You will will identify and examine core aspects of social work knowledge and practice. You will explore the nature of the social construction of social work, and key values and ideologies which influence practice. In essence, you will consider how particular paradigms in social work lead to specific approaches to social problems. Major ideological debates occurring in the wider community and which impact on social work will be addressed. In this subject you will explore how #best practice# is developed within social work and encourage analysis of the concepts utilised to categorise practice for evaluation. The objective of the subject is for you to gain a more indepth understanding of the value and knowledge base of social work as an academic discipline and as a profession, to better inform their practice.
SchoolSchool of Allied Health
Subject Co-ordinatorMargarita Frederico
Available to Study Abroad StudentsYes
Subject year levelYear Level 6 - Doctoral
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Evaluate existing knowledge,practice and ideas of the core aspects of social work knowldege and critically reflect on the application of social work in the contemporary context .
- Analyse social work theory values and ideologies and the interpretation of these in the current complex environment
02. Critically evaluate the nature of social construction of social work practice and critically reflect on the impact of the current environment on social work
- Critically reflect on the development of social work and the role of leadership in promoting social change and change within social work
03. Demonstrate expert understanding of theory and the ability to reflect critically on key values and ideologies which influence social work practice and evaluate the application of these in the current environment where risk managment has taken a central position
- Critical analysis and expert investigation of the practice context- theories of complexity risk and partnerships in the current enviornment
04. Generate an expert informed understanding of how best practice , evidence based practice and evidence informed practice are developed in social work and analyse concepts utilised in evaluation of practice and policy.
- Generate debates surrounding the concept of best practice and issues of evlaluation of outcomes in relation to social work practice
05. Contribute to the exisiting knowledge base of social work through developing and presenting an original approach
- Examine your own practice area and draw upon the theories explored in this subject and the imapct of complexity on your practice.
Select to view your study options…
Melbourne, 2017, Semester 1, Day
Maximum enrolment sizeN/A
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorMargarita Frederico
Two 9.0 hours seminar per study period and delivered via blended.
"Students are also required to undertake independent work as negotiated with subject coordinator."
|one individual seminar presentation to social work peers in the community||Paper may be a conference paper.||35||01, 02, 03, 04|
|One individual paper 4000 words||65||01, 02, 03, 04|