PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE AND SUPERVISION C
Credit points: 15
In this subject you will consolidate your learning experiences as trainee art therapist as you complete the final 250 hours of clinical placement for the Master of Art Therapy (PHE5ACC). You will focus attention on how you appropriately communicate your understanding of your work to others including your clients, to other practitioners, and to peers in the art therapy supervision group. In this subject you will develop a stronger capacity to articulate how your work is located within a theoretical approach. You will also be able to demonstrate an enhanced understanding of the therapeutic relationship and their own responses and experiences as trainee art therapists.
SchoolSchool of Psychology & Public Health
Subject Co-ordinatorPatricia Fenner
Available to Study Abroad StudentsNo
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
Prerequisites Must be enrolled in HMART - Master of Art Therapy
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Articulate and demonstrate culturally responsive practice underpinning an advanced level of clinical reasoning.
- class activities
02. Advanced level of analysis of theoretical approaches underpinning own and others clinical work.
- case presentation and report
03. Demonstrate a deep awareness of self as therapist in the context of long term therapeutic relationships.
- case presentation and report, professional skills competency assessment
04. Articulation of practices and behaviours which demonstrate appropriate professional boundaries.
- professional skills competency assessment
05. Identify, analyse and discuss evidence based and clinically related literature
- case report and presentation
06. Articulate and contextualise advanced level of ethical practice
- ethics quiz
Select to view your study options…
Melbourne, 2017, Week 30-44, Day
Maximum enrolment sizeN/A
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorPatricia Fenner
One 7.0 hours block mode per study period from week 30 to week 30 and delivered via face-to-face.
One 2.0 hours lecture per week from week 31 to week 43 and delivered via face-to-face.
Unscheduled Online Class
One 1.0 hours unscheduled online class other recurrence from week 30 to week 44 and delivered via blended.
|Ethics quiz (20 minutes)||10||04, 06|
|LTU Supervisor's Professional Practice Skills professional competency assessment||consultation between supervisor and student||30||01, 02, 03, 04, 05|
|One 30-minute case study presentation (1500 word equivalent) and 4000 word case report||60||01, 02, 03, 04, 05|