swp5lic leadng, inspirng
LEADING, INSPIRING AND CLARITY OF PURPOSE
Credit points: 15
In this subject you will focus upon your role of as leader in child and family practice. The subject is an extension of your learning from the previous subjects and will build upon your knowledge, skill, awareness, effective use of self, self-management and mental agility, engaging others, cultural awareness and effective decision-making. Types of leadership will be addressed and you will be encouraged to identify their leadership approach and the impact their behaviour has on others. Leading and managing change and working in complex situations which are emotionally charged will be addressed. The role in creating and maintaining a positive organisational culture will be highlighted.
SchoolSchool of Allied Health
Subject Co-ordinatorMargarita Frederico
Available to Study Abroad StudentsNo
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
|Resource Type||Title||Resource Requirement||Author and Year||Publisher|
|Readings||Confidence: how winning streaks and losing streaks begin and end||Prescribed||Kanter, R M 2006||THREE RIVERS PRESS, NEW YORK.|
|Readings||Managing change and innovation in public service organisations||Prescribed||Osborne, SP and Brown K 2005||ROUTLEDGE, UK.|
|Readings||Meet the masterminds: Rosabeth Moss Kanter on confidence||Prescribed||Kanter, R M 2005||WWW.MANAGEMENTCONSULTINGNEWS.COM/INTERVIEWS/KANTER_INTERVIEW.PHP|
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Analyse and synthesise the purpose and vision of child and family practiceand the strategic direction of your own organisation, and translate this for your staff's understanding.
- Understanding complex organisations, and complexity of situations, and approaches to analyse and work with complexity.
02. Critically reflect on cultural aspects of leadership and Aboriginal knowledge and leadership.
- Exploring Aboriginal culture, and the value of culture in leadership.
03. Critically reflect on clarity of purpose in providing direction to staff and others in times of crisis and change.
- Review of evidence of the impact of leadership and styles of leadership in crisis situations and where trauma is a factor.
04. Analyse and synthesise different types of leadership; generate capacity to understand interests of staff and support their personal and professional development.
- Review theories of motivation and approaches to inspirational leadership, and the skills required to implement leadership.
05. Investigate and analyse different types of leadership.
- Exploration of international evidence of leading and inspiring staff
Select to view your study options…
Other Site, 2015, Semester 1, Off Campus
Maximum enrolment sizeN/A
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorMargarita Frederico
One 6.0 days block mode per study period and delivered via face-to-face.
"Teaching to be delivered over three 2-day blocks (six days in total)."
|group activities/class presentation WORD EQUIVALENT 1500 WORDS||20||01, 02, 05|
|one 1,000-word essay||30||01, 02, 04, 05|
|one 2,000-word essay||50||01, 02, 03, 04, 05|