phe5psc prof prac and supervision c
PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE AND SUPERVISION C
Credit points: 15
In this subject students will consolidate their learning experiences as trainee art therapists as they complete the final 250 hours of clinical placement for the Master of Art Therapy (PHE5ACC). They will focus attention on how they appropriately communicate their understanding of their work to others including their clients, to other practitioners, and to peers in the art therapy supervision group. In this subject students will develop a stronger capacity to articulate how their work is located within a theoretical approach. They will also be able to demonstrate an enhanced understanding of the therapeutic relationship and their own responses and experiences as trainee art therapists.
SchoolSchool of Psychology & Public Health
Subject Co-ordinatorPatricia Fenner
Available to Study Abroad StudentsNo
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
Prerequisites Must be enrolled in HMART - Master of Art Therapy
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Articulate advanced level of clinical reasoning.
- Participate in discussion of own clinical work and that of others in supervision class.
02. Advanced level of analysis of theoretical approaches underpinning own and others clinical work.
- Review and critique clinical work in light of theoretical constructs.
03. A deep awareness of self as therapist in the context of long term therapeutic relationships.
- Reflect on and discuss how transferential and counter transferential material has interacted in a particular case as reported in the case study.
04. Articulation of practices and behaviours which demonstrate appropriate professional boundaries.
- Identify and discuss own and fellow students practice of professional boundaries as appropriate in class.
05. Concise review of clinical work in the context of the literature and evidence based practice.
- Review and analysis of clinical work alongside the evidence base.
Select to view your study options…
Melbourne, 2015, Week 30-44, Day
Maximum enrolment sizeN/A
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorPatricia Fenner
Block ModeWeek: 30 - 30
One 1.0 days block mode per study period from week 30 to week 30 and delivered via face-to-face.
LectureWeek: 31 - 43
One 2.0 hours lecture per week from week 31 to week 43 and delivered via face-to-face.
|Attendance and participation||10|
|LTU Supervisor's Professional Practice Skills report||30||01, 02, 03, 04, 05|
|One 30-minute case study presentation||30||01, 02, 03, 04, 05|
|One 4,000-word case study report||30||01, 02, 03, 04, 05|