PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE AND SUPERVISION B
Credit points: 15
In this subject students will extend their clinical practice skills as they discuss and critique their experience and learning over 250 hours of clinical placement (PHE5ACB)in a supervision group. They will develop their abilities as reflective practitioners based on their experience of their clients and through being members of clinical and therapy teams. Students will present material from their work with individual clients and groups, in order to develop their understanding of art therapy practice, clinical reasoning, client experience, therapeutic engagement and the therapeutic relationship.
SchoolSchool of Psychology & Public Health
Subject Co-ordinatorPatricia Fenner
Available to Study Abroad StudentsNo
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
Prerequisites Must be enrolled in HMART - Master of Art Therapy
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Ability to reflect on therapeutic relationship which demonstrates a respect for the client's perspective and experience of therapy.
- Ability to function from a humanistic and person-centred approach in therapy as evidenced in the supervision class.
02. Critique theoretical approaches to art therapy and their application in work with complex clients.
- Identify theoretical constructs underpinning work reported in case presentation and report.
03. Articulate clinical reasoning.
- Ability to explain process and approach with an individual client in case presentation and report.
04. Enhanced reflective and critical thinking skills in analysing professional boundaries as observed and practised on placement.
- Evidence of ability to identify an awareness of boundary issues in case presentation and report.
05. Ability to reflect on clinical work in the context of evidence based practice.
- Analysis of own practice in light of the evidence base as reflected in the case presentation, report and class discussion.
06. Ability to reflect on strenths and limitations of own work with an individual client.
- Inclusion of section as reflective practitioner in case presentation and report.
Select to view your study options…
Melbourne, 2015, Week 08-23, Day
Maximum enrolment sizeN/A
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorPatricia Fenner
One 2.0 days block mode per study period from week 08 to week 08 and delivered via face-to-face.
One 2.0 hours lecture per week and delivered via face-to-face.
|Attendance and partipation||10|
|LTU Supervisor's Professional Practice Skills Report||30||01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06|
|One 30-minute case study presentation||30||01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06|
|One 4,000-word case study report||30||01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06|