exs5ppc professional practicum c
PROFESSIONAL PRACTICUM C
Credit points: 15
In this subject you will complete 160 hours of profesional placement within an approved health organisation. These hours will go towards the requirements for obtaining Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP) status from Exercise and Sports Science Australia. Your professional skills, along with patient communication, assessment and clinical exercise prescripion skills will be developed under direct supervision from appropriately qualified and experienced clinicians working in a range of healthcare settings.
SchoolLa Trobe Rural Health School
Subject Co-ordinatorCarolyn Taylor
Available to Study Abroad StudentsNo
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
Prerequisites Must have passed two of subjects (EXS4ACD, EXS4AND, EXS4AMD).
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Formulate effective communication (verbal and non-verbal) plans for relaying information to patients, medical and allied health professionals.
- Professional placements will provide opportunities to engage in communication with patients and health professionals.
02. Prepare, explain and evaluate clinical exercise interventions for individuals with pathology consistent with those listed in the AEP Scope of Practice.
- Professional placement will provide an opportunity to prescribe, lead and monitor exercise interventions.
03. Critically interpret and defend risk factors, indicators and contra-indicators (red and green flags), and manage emergency situations.
- Professional placement will provide an opportunity to practice and perfect identifying and acting upon risk factors and indicators for exercise.
Select to view your study options…
Bendigo, 2015, Semester 2, Day
Maximum enrolment sizeN/A
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorCarolyn Taylor
Placement - Off SiteWeek: 31 - 43
One 25.0 days placement - off site per study period on weekdays during the day from week 31 to week 43 and delivered via face-to-face.
"Practicum C will be completed in one of the, 5-week blocks (Victorian Health Placement blocks 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9)."
Lecture/SeminarWeek: 31 - 43
One 2.0 hours lecture/seminar other recurrence on weekdays during the day from week 31 to week 43 and delivered via face-to-face.
"1 x 2 hour face to face pre-practicum briefing and preparation lecture required in week 31. 1 x 2 hour face to face post-practicum debriefing and assessment feedback session in week 43."
|One 20-minute scenario-based practical competency assessment.||20||02|
|One clinical performance assessment (equivalent to 2,500 words).||40||01, 02, 03|
|Online reflective journal (2,500 words).||40||02, 01, 03|