edu5trs teacher as researcher
TEACHER AS RESEARCHER
Credit points: 15
In this subject students evaluate the importance of the teacher as a researcher, life-long learner and reflective practitioner. Students choose a topic that relates to their own teaching and learning practice; examine the issues that surround their topic, and reflect on the way that research can improve learning outcomes. Students examine research theories and methods and develop a research design that is ethically sound and achievable within time and resource constraints. The proposal will explain and justify a small research project to be conducted in EDU5PRP Practitioner Research Project.
SchoolSchool of Education
Subject Co-ordinatorRebecca Miles
Available to Study Abroad StudentsNo
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
|Resource Type||Title||Resource Requirement||Author and Year||Publisher|
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Analyse problems in educational contexts: ethical, social, cultural, personal and professional implications
- The Problem. The purpose of research. Links with life-long learning. Contentions in education/classroom. Ethical considerations. Structure of a proposal.
02. Synthesise the literature in the field from National and International experts
- The Literature. Accessing and evaluating perspectives from National and International experts in the field.
03. Identify theoretical and methodological implications for research
- Theoretical framework: Critically evaluate theoretical assumptions that underpin contentious educational issues. Purpose of theory in research. Methods: Overview qualitative, quantitative and mixed method approaches.
04. Develop a research design and write a proposal for the conduct of a small research project
- Reflection, Action and Reflective Practice. Research design and proposal.
Select to view your study options…
Online, 2015, Week 02-07, Online
Maximum enrolment sizeN/A
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorMary Keeffe
Scheduled Online Class
One 2.0 hours scheduled online class per week on weekdays during the day and delivered via online.
"Plus directed online learning activities"
|Respond to questions posed in the online learning activities within each module (2500 words)||40||01, 02|
|Develop a research design and write a proposal for a small research project (3000 words)||Proposal must include a justification for the research design method selected and outline steps to ensure research rigour.||60||03, 04|