edu5pmn primary maths
Credit points: 15
In Maths/Numeracy students explore current approaches and strategies for primary level mathematics. By reflecting on prior mathematical experiences, examining current research and curriculum documents, students learn how to develop primary classrooms as mathematical communities, and how to develop mathematical logic, reasoning, conjecture, problem solving and invention. Students participate in structured experiences designed to expand their personal understanding and confidence in mathematics.
SchoolSchool of Education
Subject Co-ordinatorPeter Sanders
Available to Study Abroad StudentsNo
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
|Resource Type||Title||Resource Requirement||Author and Year||Publisher|
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Demonstrate sound knowledge of relevant curriculum documents.
- Thinking & Working Mathematically
02. Utilise your own mathematical skills and knowledge to deal confidently and competently with daily life.
- Past mathematical experiences
03. Develop pedagogical content knowledge that fosters the learning of mathematics in a variety of contexts.
04. Understand how mathematics is taught in a variety of primary school settings and year levels.
05. Appreciate the role of research and additional resources, including learning technologies, in supporting teaching.
Select to view your study options…
Melbourne, 2015, Week 22-34, Blended
Maximum enrolment sizeN/A
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorPeter Sanders
Lecture/WorkshopWeek: 25 - 25
One 2.5 days lecture/workshop per study period on weekdays during the day from week 25 to week 25 and delivered via face-to-face.
"Plus directed online learning activities"
|Essay developing a philosophical framework on the teaching of primary mathematics (3000 words)||Hurdle requirement: students must pass this competency test in order to pass the subject.||50||01, 02, 03, 04, 05|
|ICT presentation on conceptual focus including a digital tool based teaching activity (3000 words)||50||01, 02, 03, 04, 05|