BSc Coventry, MSc Aston University
Area of study
Geoff has extensive teaching experience at the postgraduate and post experience levels, including MBA and Masters of Management. His major teaching interests are in International Marketing and Services Marketing.
Geoff is an active researcher and since joining the School has published in a number of international journals, including the Journal of International Marketing, International Marketing Review and Corporate Governance: The International Journal of Business in Society. Current research projects include a five nation study into export marketing information use, a cross-national study of sales manager problem resolution styles (UK, Australia and New Zealand) and a cross-national study of internationalisation modes for SMEs (France and Australia).
He has a wide range of consulting experience, in both the public and private sector.
Refereed journal articles
- Oh, K.B. & Durden, G.R. (2007) The Finance-CRM Nexus: Measure of Performance Effectiveness, International Journal of Electronic Customer Relationship Management, 1(2), pp 184-199.
- Durden, G.R. and Yang G, (2006), Higher Vocational Education in China: a preliminary critical review of developments and issues in Liaoning Province, Journal of European Industrial Training, 30(8),pp622-638
- Pech, R.J. and Durden, G.R. (2004), Where the decision-makers went wrong: From capitalism to cannibalism, Corporate Governance: The International Journal of Business in Society, 4(1), 65-75.
- Lee, N., Cadogan, & Durden, G.R. (2007) Work Related Stressors and Psychological Strain in the Sales Force: The Role of Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivation. Australia and New Zealand Marketing Academy (ANZAM) Conference, 3-5 December, Dunedin, New Zealand
- Lee, N., Beatson, A., Taylor, P., & Durden, G.R. (2007) The Effect of Salesperson Stereotype Activation on Consumer Emotional Profiles and Cognition, Proceedings of the 36th European Marketing Academy Conference (EMAC), 22-25 May, Reykjavik, Iceland.
- Osterwalder, A., Durden, G.R., Thyil, V., and Hasic, N. (2007) A Contemporary Business Model Conceptualisation to Capture Innovation, Knowledge Management and Quality SMEs: Evidence from the Business Services Sector, Proceedings of the 8th International Research Conference on Quality, Innovation, and Knowledge Management, 12-14 February, New Delhi, India.
- Mazzarol, T., Durden, G.R. and Thyil, V. (2007) Efficacy of Innovation Diagnostic Tools in Identifying Models of Sustainable Innovation in Manufacturing SMEs, Proceedings of 37th Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Small Business (EISB) Conference, 13-14 September, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- Durden, G.R., and Oh, K.B. (2007) Marketing Accountability - An Interdisciplinary Approach, Proceedings of the 14th Global Finance Conference, 1-4 April, Melbourne, Australia.
- Oh, K.B., Durden, G., and Xu, L. (2007) Competition in the Chinese Banking Industry: A Study of the Implications from the Market Reform, Shanghai Forum, 25-27 May, Shanghai, China.
- Durden, G.R. and Thyil, V. (2006) Charting The Aspirations, Motivations And Urges Of Entrepreneurs: An Asset-Based Perspective Of Entrepreneurship. Proceedings of 36th European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) and Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Small Business (EISB) Conference, 6-8 September, Southampton Solent University, UK.
- Thyil, V. and Durden, G.R. (2006) What Exactly is Entrepreneurial Spirit? A Conceptual Framework and Empirical Evidence. Proceedings of 17th Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM)Conference, 6– 10 Dec Yeppoon, Queensland
- Durden, G.R., Thyil, V., Truche, M., and Reboud, S. (2006) Creating Competitive Advantages through Innovation Networks: Evidence from Business-to-Business SMEs, Proceedings of the 51st International Council for Small Business 2006 World Conference, 18-21 June, Melbourne, Australia
- Truche, M., Reboud, S., Durden, G.R., and Thyil, V. (2006) Business Models of SMEs, Proceedings of the 51st International Council for Small Business 2006 World Conference, 18-21 June, Melbourne, Australia
- Lee, N.J., Cadogan, J.W., Durden, G.R. and Thyil, V. (2004) The Quality of Sales Manager - Salesperson Exchanges under Problem Resolution Conditions, Australian and New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference, 29 November - 1 December, Wellington, New Zealand.