Pre-departure information for new and current international students

Before you travel to Australia, you will require a valid Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) and Visa.

Living in Australia Webinar

Our comprehensive Living in Australia Webinar offers you support and advice on everything you need to know before leaving your home to transition to Australia.

It covers valuable information regarding accommodation, transport, food, working, health services and staying safe.

Entering Australia

Information regarding the requirements to enter Australia is found on the Department of Home Affairs website. It is your responsibility to read and follow the requirements of the Australian Government.

Frequently asked questions

You will require a valid Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) and Visa to return to Australia.

La Trobe has issued all international students who have taken a Leave of Absence with:

  • A returning CoE
  • An extension to the new end date of your course

If you need to update your visa, please contact the Department of Immigration

Visit the Applying for a student visa website for more information.

Visit the Department of Immigration for all visa-related enquires.

You will need to apply for a new Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE).

For information about how to apply for a new CoE, please see the Extend student visa and CoE FAQ

All arriving international students are invited to attend a comprehensive Travelling to Australia Webinar that offers support and advice on:

  • COVID Safety at La Trobe
  • Getting here – finding housing
  • Check-in on campus & meet the team
  • All about Australia – transport and how to get around, Australian summer, keeping yourself safe
  • Working in Australia & banking
  • Making the most of campus life