How to apply
We look for applicants who have gained valuable skills, knowledge and experience through volunteering or making a positive contribution to their community.
We consider all types of community engagement, for example:
- volunteering with organisations or community groups
- involvement with local sports groups
- tutoring at homework clubs
- participation at other volunteer community groups
- leadership in community, sports or similar groups
- contributions to one’s family beyond that which is reasonably expected.
The Aspire Program admission criteria considers details of your community engagement and/or volunteerism.
You are required to provide information about the length and frequency of your community service and/or volunteering experience, as well as a 400-word description of your involvement and impact.
Your application should respond to the following admission criteria:
- Indicate the LENGTH of time involved in community engagement and/or volunteering.
- Indicate the FREQUENCY of involvement in community engagement and/or volunteering.
- A 200-word description of your INVOLVEMENT in community service and/or volunteerism.
- Describe how you have been involved in community service/volunteerism.
- A 200-word description of the IMPACT of your community service and/or volunteerism.
- Describe the impact of your community service and/or volunteerism on the community, including (but not limited to) individuals and groups.
- Describe how your community service and/or volunteerism has impacted your personal development including your own learning and skill development.
- The written section of the application should be no more than 400 words.
Aspire is open to Year 12 students and Non-Year 12 applicants. Find out if you’re eligible.
Minimum ATAR requirements
An Aspire offer provides you with the security of minimum ATAR requirements. Find out the ATAR for your preferred course.
Applications open 1 June 2017
Applications for Aspire reopen on 1 June 2017. Register your interest and get notified when you can apply.