Achieve Plus lets you study two uni subjects during Year 12. Why would you want to do that? Well,
- We’ll use your uni grades to boost your ATAR or give you a La Trobe entrance score, which you can use instead of an ATAR when applying for eligible La Trobe degrees.
- Your online uni subjects count towards your VCE.
- Get a taste of what’s to come and see if the subject is something you want to study at university.
- You’ll get credit for these subjects when you start an eligible degree at La Trobe – so you’ll start a step ahead.
- Get an early conditional offer for your La Trobe course. That means we’ll hold your spot – it’s guaranteed as long as you meet the entry requirements and successfully complete your VCE.
- You’ll get the subjects for free.
- It’s 100% online, so you’ll find it easier to balance your uni and Year 12 subjects.
Get yourself organised in Year 11 if you want to take advantage of Achieve Plus in your final year of school.
The Achieve Plus program is available to VCE Students who:
- Have enrolled in at least 4 VCE unit 3/4 subjects (one must be English or EAL).
- Have at least one 3/4 VCE enrolment during the year you undertake Achieve Plus.
- Be eligible to be awarded the VCE and have demonstrated high achieving results (B/70% pass average).
- Have a current Unique Student Identifier (USI)
VCE Subject prerequisites
- Law: students need to have completed or be concurrently enrolled in VCE Units 3 and 4 Legal Studies.
- Business: students need to have completed or be concurrently enrolled in VCE Units 3 and 4 Business Management.
- Life Sciences: students need to have completed or be concurrently enrolled in VCE Units 3 and 4 Biology or VCE Units 3 and 4 Physical Education.
Applicants must also provide a Principal’s Letter of Recommendation and Year 11 results.
Principals Letter of Recommendation example
'I support this student’s application for the Achieve Plus program in 2021.
I confirm that:
The student has achieved a high standard of academic performance in their Year 11 studies to date.
The student demonstrates high level time management and organisational skills.
The student has the academic capability and maturity to successfully complete a higher education study in Year 12.'
Achieve Plus is completely free.
You’ll start your first subject in March and your second in July. It’s 100% online, so Achieve Plus works alongside your Year 12 subjects.
With Achieve at La Trobe, you’ll only study one uni subject – also for free and online. You won’t have the option to boost your ATAR, but we will take your grades, give you a La Trobe entrance score and then take that instead of your ATAR. You can use it to get into most undergraduate courses, excluding those that have limited places like Bachelor of Dentistry (Honours) and Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Medical).
Achieve Plus gives you a boost to your ATAR, no matter what you want to study. And you’ll study two subjects instead of one. This gives you more uni experience and more credit towards your future degree.
|Semester||Subject code||Subject title||Eligible courses (applies to pairing)|
|1||LST1PDC||From prisons to detention centres: interrogating containment||Bachelor of Arts |
Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Health Sciences
Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science
Bachelor of International Relations
Bachelor of Urban, Rural and Environmental Planning
Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Social Work
Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of International Relations
Bachelor of Criminology
Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Criminology
Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of International Relations
|2||SOC1SAC||Introduction to sociology|