La Trobe will be a University known for its excellence and innovation in relation to the big issues of our time, and for its enthusiasm to make a difference. La Trobe will be one of the top three Universities in Victoria, one of the top dozen nationally and one of the top 300 internationally.
23 June 2014: Read our recent announcement about our plans to revitalise and renew our teaching and research activities.
In this interview Vice-Chancellor, Professor John Dewar, discusses the launch of Future Ready (PDF 3MB), our five year strategic plan.
Future Ready: Strategic Plan 2013 - 2017
- Identify a small number of areas of research that address issues fundamental to the future of human societies and their environments in which we will be amongst the best in the world
- Develop attractive and relevant curriculum and student experiences, the La Trobe Framework, to attract creative and independent thinkers from all walks of life, cultures and backgrounds with a passion for challenging the status quo and driving change
- Seek game changing partners for our teaching and research, especially in our Research Focus Areas and Hallmark Programs
- Engage deeply with Melbourne's north and promote educational opportunity in Victoria's regions
- Grow from 26,000 to 33,000 students (EFTSL)
- Attract and retain the best teachers, researchers and professional staff
- Operate sustainably and ethically
- Implement the outcomes of the Radical Learning Project
- Turn our Bundoora campus outwards so that we can engage more effectively with our community
- Develop deep and mutually beneficial partnerships with schools and TAFEs across all our campuses
- Improve effectiveness and efficiency in the use of resources to support the core activities of teaching and research
- Future Ready Strategic Plan 2013 - 2017 (PDF 3MB)
- Two page summary of the plan (PDF 1.3MB)
- A1 poster summary of the plan (PDF 648KB)
The Future Ready implementation report details our progress of implementing the strategic plan.
We will become a livelier and stronger university, whilst retaining our relevance and remaining true to our ideals.
Our five organisational values guide everything we do.
Our graduates will be work ready, world ready and future ready.
Research is important in developing our reputation as a university committed to solving global problems and improving the welfare of human societies.
We will contribute to the sustainable growth of our professional and place-based communities in Melbourne’s north, in Bendigo, Greater Shepparton and the Murray-Darling Basin, and in the Asia-Pacific region.
Successful implementation of this Strategic Plan requires us to change the way we do things.
Details on the implementation process of our strategic plan.