Shared decision making during labour and birth in Sweden
Promoting shared decision-making, respectful and safe care during labour and birth in Sweden
- Wednesday 29 November 2023 12:30 pm until Wednesday 29 November 2023 01:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- Deborah Pidd D.Pidd@latrobe.edu.au /
Laura Whitburn L.Whitburn@latrobe.edu.au
- Presented by:
- Dr Malin Edqvist, Karolinska University Hospital
- Type of Event:
Join via Zoom: https://latrobe.zoom.us/j/81730285814
Dr. Malin Edqvist, PhD , is a Swedish midwife and researcher at Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm, Sweden. She currently serves as the principal investigator for a project that aims to enhance successful implementation strategies to support vaginal birth using agile implementation methods. As part of this project, the TeamBirth model, designed to promote shared decision-making and safe care, has been adapted to the Swedish context and piloted at two obstetric units. The effectiveness of TeamBirth on a larger scale within Sweden will be evaluated at six labour wards starting in the autumn of 2023. Additionally, Malin's research encompasses the prevention of perineal trauma, with her most recent manuscript published in The Lancet.
During this lunchtime seminar, Malin will discuss the TeamBirth model, its adaptation and implementation in the Swedish context, and the ongoing evaluation of its effectiveness.
The Judith Lumley Centre lunchtime seminars are free and open to all. Held on the first Wednesday of every month from February to December. These seminars showcase the work of national and international academics/researchers.
Other events by type
- Science communication in a public health emergency
6 Dec 2023 12:30 pm
- Laryngeal Surgery for Voice Modification
7 Dec 2023 7:00 pm
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP): An Introduction
2 Feb 2024 9:00 am
- Unconstrained: The theory and practice of ecological dynamics in sport
5 Feb 2024 9:00 am
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP): A Refresher
6 Feb 2024 10:00 am