Glider - Free Melbourne Campus Bus
***Glider service update***
This is a friendly reminder that the Glider bus will soon cease operations for the year. The last day of service is Thursday 16 November 2017
The service will recommence in 2018 and dates will be posted on Transport Central.
For Students, Staff and the University Community.
The La Trobe Glider provides a free, day and night bus service for students, staff and the wider community travelling in a loop around the Melbourne campus.
A brand new Glider Real information Time Service (GRiTS) website has been developed in collaboration with students and staff from La Trobe’s Department of Computer Science and Information Technology. This service allows Glider users to know exactly when the bus will arrive at a designated stop, and it will also alert people to service disruptions.
Access GRiTS here
To create a shortcut that you can easily access for future usage:
- Android - click the three dots on the top right of your screen, then add to home screen.
- iPhone - click on the box with arrow at the centre-bottom of the phone, then add to home screen.
- Computer - save in favourites on your desktop.
- Route map, serving each red stop every 20 minutes.
- Available during the semester and exam period.
- Runs Monday through Friday from 8.30am - 9.30pm.
- The service is not available during the summer break (November 2016 - February 2017) and winter break (June 2017 – July).
- Request-based, stop-to-stop service (contact +61 3 9479 2012 after 9.30 pm to request a pick up).
- Follows route map serving blue stops as requested.
- Available during semesters, exam periods and mid-semester break.
- Runs Monday through Sunday from 9.30 pm to 2.00 am.
- The service is not available during the summer break (November 2016 - February 2017).
Public Holiday Service
The Glider will operate day and night services on the following Victorian public holidays as these are not classed as a University Public Holiday:
- Labour Day (March)
- Melbourne Cup Day (November).
The Glider will not operate on the following Commonwealth public holidays:
- Easter Good Friday
- Easter Monday
- Easter Tuesday
- Anzac Day
- Queen's Birthday.