Glider - Free Melbourne Campus Bus
Glider - Free Campus Bus
The La Trobe Glider bus provides a free bus service around the Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus.
- Available to students, staff and the wider community.
- Runs Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 9:30pm.
- Follows route map, servicing each red stop every 20 minutes.
- Real-time tracking available via Glider Real information Time Service (GRiTS).
- Available all year round excluding the week of university shutdown coinciding with Christmas.
Glider Real information Time Service (GRiTS)
GRiTS was developed in collaboration with students and staff from La Trobe’s Department of Computer Science and Information Technology. GRiTS allows Day Glider users to know exactly when the bus will arrive at a designated stop, and it will also alert people to service disruptions.
To create a shortcut that you can easily access for future usage:
- Available to students and staff at La Trobe University.
- Runs Monday to Sunday, available all year round.
- Runs from 6pm (non-daylight savings) or 7pm (daylight savings) until 6am.
- Available on request, call 03 9479 2222 to arrange a pick up.
- Available to pick-up or drop-off anywhere on the Melbourne campus plus five designated off-campus locations (marked in blue on the service map):
At Melbourne, Bendigo and Albury-Wodonga, the Uni-Safe Service is also available. Through this service, Security officers can escort students and staff after dark between buildings and to car parks, on-campus accommodation or local transport options.
Public Holiday Service
The Glider will operate day and night services on the following Victorian public holidays as these are not classed as a University Public Holiday:
- Labour Day (March)
- Melbourne Cup Day (November).
The Glider will not operate on the following Commonwealth / State Public Holidays:
- Australia Day
- Easter Good Friday
- Easter Monday
- Easter Tuesday
- Anzac Day
- Queen's Birthday
- Grand Final Eve