Sustainable Building Design
La Trobe University is committed to sustainable building design and construction on all campuses.
All newly constructed buildings are certified at a minimum rating of 5 Star Green Star under the Green Building Council of Australia's (GBCA) building rating system. Refurbished buildings are required to meet the University's Design Standards, incorporating aspects of Green Star to reduce energy use, potable water consumption, and construction and demolition waste at a minimum.
5 Star Green Star Buildings
- La Trobe Apartments North and South (Melbourne Campus)
- La Trobe Institute of Molecular Science (LIMS) (Melbourne Campus)
- Sylvia Walton Building (Melbourne Campus)
- AgriBio Science Building (Melbourne Campus)
- Health Sciences Building (Bendigo Campus)
- Clinical Teaching Building (Bendigo Campus)
- Shepparton Campus
The La Trobe Sports Stadium, located at the Sports Park at the Melbourne Campus, was awarded Australia’s first “6 Star Green Star Design and As Built v1.2 certified rating” for a sports building by the Green Building Council Australia, recognising ‘World Leadership’ in sustainable building practice.