About the Shepparton Campus
For over 25 years, our campus has played a vital role in helping the local community to thrive. We're providing people in the region with a world-class education that is delivered locally.
La Trobe is an integral part of Shepparton, with students studying on campus located in the centre of town. In 2019, 78.9% of our graduates were employed regionally.
Led by our Head of Campus, Elizabeth Capp, our campus community welcomes students from many cultures and countries. We proudly celebrate our diverse multiculturalism and are delighted to see how the opportunity to study locally in Shepparton changes the lives of many students who would not otherwise have access to university education.
We are committed to supporting and strengthening our region by creating strong partnerships and collaborations with industry and community organisations. These important collaborations benefit our community, our students and researchers. Students are enriched by opportunities for work-based placements and researchers are able to work on research that directly impacts our community.
Our campus is a modern building, with teaching, study and communal meeting spaces, a clinical learning unit with advanced teaching technologies, and a fantastic café. We have student and staff housing accommodation available in Shepparton for short and long term stays.
The Shepparton Regional Advisory Board comprises community leaders who have an interest in higher education, its relationship with the region and bring special skills relevant to the strategic direction of the campus and university.
- Mr Will Adams, Publisher, The Shepparton Adviser
- Mr Sam Birrell (Chair) CEO Committee for Greater Shepparton
- Ms Geraldine Christou, Director Sustainable Development, Greater Shepparton City Council
- Mr Mark de Paola, Optometrist, Board Member Greater Shepparton Foundation
- Ms Lisa McKenzie, Executive Officer, Lighthouse Project
- Ms Karen Parhaar, Director, Plus 1 Group
- Ms Kellie Thompson, Chief Nursing & Midwifery Officer, GV Health
- Ms Genevieve Simson, Executive Principal, Greater Shepparton Secondary College
- Ms Elizabeth Capp, Head of Campus
Meet our members
It is my privilege to work at La Trobe Shepparton, with a community of staff and students who are investing in education and changing lives. The importance of these opportunities for individual students, their families and the wider community cannot be overstated.
La Trobe Shepparton is a critical part of our social infrastructure. The thought leadership role that the University displays and facilitates has been one of the factors in the recent re-emergence of Greater Shepparton as a successful regional city of significance.