La Trobe world-class Sports Park
La Trobe University is one of Australia’s foremost higher education providers with aspirations to be the nation’s preferred University for sport teaching and research, and industry collaboration to drive innovation in sport.
The La Trobe Sports Park is an exciting investment by the University which will transform Melbourne’s north to provide a regional sporting precinct that will be able to support major participation sport events, regular grass roots sport competitions and active recreation opportunities for community members.
Located on 60 hectares in the south-west corner of the University’s campus in Bundoora, it will provide a unique environment for sport, active recreation, teaching and research in sport.
In consultation with a large number of stakeholders, designs and infrastructure plans have been approved for the Sports Park, which will feature:
- A learning hub for national, state and local sport organisations and individuals to access the expertise of the University
- A unique environment for elite sport programmes and organisations to be supported by some of Australia’s world-class sport, exercise and rehabilitation researchers
Stage 1 of the project started late October 2017 and should be completed by late-2018 and will involve:
- The demolition of the existing pavilion and portion of the main oval (temporary facilities will be established to service baseball and soccer)
- Construction of a new synthetic football (soccer) pitch was completed in July 2018
- Construction of a new main AFL/cricket oval and pavilion
The synthetic pitch is available for booking from July 2018 onwards. Please click here to access the booking enquiry form.
Stage 2 of the La Trobe Sports Park will include the following additional components:
- World class sport science and analytics research laboratories
- An education and training centre
- Dedicated office accommodation for local, state and national sport organisations
- 6 high ball indoor courts
Professor Russ Hoye, firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the timeline for completion?
Stage 1 and 2 will be completed and fully operational for early 2020.
- Stage 1 commenced late October 2017 with completion due the end of 2018.
- Stage 2 to commence late 2018 with completion due late 2019.