AgriBio brings together La Trobe's world-class research and the work of the Department of Jobs, Skills, Industry and Regions (DJSIR) – the largest agricultural R&D organisation in the state.
To be among international leaders in agricultural bioscience research and development addressing food security by:
- improving productivity and sustainability
- fighting disease
- reducing environmental impacts
- supporting agricultural education.
AgriBio provides researchers with purpose-built facilities to support their work. Our technology platforms include:
- DNA sequencing and genotyping for plants, livestock and microbes.
- Specialised software for bioinformatics and complex statistical analysis.
- A Nuclear Magnetic Resonance spectrometer and multiple mass spectrometers.
- Controlled Environment Rooms for plant and pest research.
View news items relating to AgriBio at La Trobe.
Upcoming seminars hosted by AgriBio
Opening ceremony AgriBio