Other partnership opportunities
For industry partners, collaborating with us provides access to talent and intellectual property that can support innovation in services, products and technologies to create better commercial outcomes.
Our partners have access to the latest thinking and best practice in core areas of expertise across the domains of Health & Wellbeing, Agriculture, Food & Environment, and Digital Transformation. This breadth of capability affords our industry partners a range of opportunities to explore.
Reasons to partner with us:
- Collaborating with leading experts can provide a competitive edge for your products and service development. Read about exciting research projects currently being undertaken at La Trobe University.
- We provide support for product and service innovation and commercialisation.
- We embed innovation and entrepreneurship capability through various programs that support start-ups and spinouts.
- You will be connected to other organisations through events and other channels providing opportunities for collaborative activity across the value chain.
- We provide access to equipment and facilities.
- You will have access to a talent pipeline through direct employment, work-integrated and project-based learning and industry PhDs. Watch these videos to hear how La Trobe PhD students' are working with our industry partners:
• Carlton Football Club - Watch video
• The Product Makers - Watch video
- Our internship program involves talented and motivated research students and provides an excellent opportunity for industry organisations; private sector companies, government bodies and not-for-profits – to engage with and attract talent into their business through short-term research projects. You will collaborate with our best research students and staff from a wide range of disciplines to develop research solutions to challenges facing your business.
- Brand equity and alignment: the Precinct, in collaboration with industry, exists to solve real-world regional and global challenges for the betterment of our society and environment, through the advancement and application of knowledge and learning.
Research that makes a difference
At La Trobe, we value collaboration and are committed to industry research partnerships that make a difference, add value and deliver results for business, communities and the environment.
Our mission is to encourage innovation, embrace research excellence and forge alliances with industry and community partners.
The Office of Industry Engagement works with industry partners and researchers to help solve industry problems and transform technologies and discoveries into products and services. We facilitate strategic collaborations through sponsored research, international research collaborations, licensing, patents and commercialisation.