2023 Fairley La Trobe Lecture
Australian agriculture must reduce its carbon footprint to preserve and expand its markets
- Wednesday 12 July 2023 06:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- Shepparton Seminars
- Presented by:
- La Trobe University
- Type of Event:
- Public Lecture
Australian agriculture must reduce its carbon footprint to preserve and expand its markets.
In this lecture, Alan will explore how part of the impact of climate change on farming and regional communities is the effect of rising temperatures on growing seasons, increased fire danger and frequency of floods, and the impact on purchasing behaviour. He’ll also unpack how the reputation of our agricultural products will increasingly depend on a whole-of-nation response to decarbonising our economy alongside the specific sectoral response.
In person tickets SOLD OUT.
Other events by type
- Furphy Memorial Lecture
21 Sept 2023 6:00 pm
- Exploring the cultural phenomenon of the dick pic
22 Sept 2023 6:30 pm
- Maritime Security and Hedging in the South China Sea
26 Sept 2023 11:00 am
- Ideas & Society Program: Disability and Australian Society: How Well Are We Doing?
5 Oct 2023 5:00 pm
- Out In Suburbia: The Untold Story of LGBTIQ+ People in Australia's Outer Suburbs
6 Oct 2023 9:30 am