After you've submitted your application, learn about the next steps and how to accept your offer.
Accepting your offer
- To accept your offer, log into the StarRez Portal and accept the residential agreement.
- Application date is considered when sending an offer.
- The bond detailed in the letter of offer must be paid as part of the acceptance process along with the completion of the online induction modules.
- You will need to upload a passport-style digital photo during the online acceptance. The photo should only be of your head and neck, just like a passport photo, and be a clear good quality photo of yourself against a plain background, without hats, sunglasses.
- Your online accepted Residential Agreement is a legally-binding document and you must ensure that you understand all the contractual conditions.
- Your offer will lapse if we do not receive all necessary documentation.
Withdrawing from an offer
Withdrawing an application or cancelling an offer prior to accepting
If you have applied but no longer require accommodation for any reason, please log into the StarRezPortal to cancel your offer.
If you have accepted your offer of accommodation online and wish to cancel, do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacating your residence
If you wish to vacate residence once you have arrived, you must complete a web departure form. This form can be located via your StarRezPortal, cancellations fees apply.
Living at La Trobe prides itself on fostering an inclusive and diverse living and learning environment, however we do understand that residential life is not a fit for everyone. As a result, we actively encourage all students to discuss their specific circumstances, and the reasons they may have for wishing to vacate, with a Residential Services staff member prior to submitting a web departure form.
Want more information? We are here to help. Contact our team with any questions about your application.