Accommodation FAQs

Find answers to commonly asked questions about Living at La Trobe.

When should I apply?

We recommend that you apply for accommodation at your preferred campus as soon as possible. Applications are made online and are all open from the 30th of October 2023.

Is there an application fee?

No, submitting an accommodation application is free of charge.

What kind of contracts are on offer?

We offer a 22-week and 44-week contracts commencing in February and July.

Can I see the accommodation before I apply?

We encourage you to visit our accommodation before applying. It is a great opportunity to view our residential colleges and explore our university campus.

Please contact us to organise a time for a tour.

Note that tours are not possible during university examination periods.

Do I need to be a full-time student to apply?

No, you just have to be enrolled at a tertiary institute in at least a part time capacity.

What if I have not received a first-round university offer to study at La Trobe?

If you hope to receive a study placement in second or third round offers, we can offer anyone who studies at a tertiary institute accommodation. Please contact our team to let us know you are still interested in living at La Trobe and keep us informed if you do receive a study offer for that semester in a subsequent round.

Do I need to be a La Trobe University student?

Priority is given to La Trobe University students. If there are vacancies after first round offers, we are able to consider RMIT Bundoora students and students studying in the CBD (please keep in mind we are a 45-minute tram ride from the city).

Have question? Get in touch