La Trobe Access Scholarship
Based on a full time study load
Who is it for?
Where is it available?
Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Melbourne, Mildura, Shepparton, City, Franklin Street
How is it paid?
$1500 per semester
Each year La Trobe University offers a number of scholarships to students commencing tertiary studies for the first time who can demonstrate financial hardship and/or educational disadvantage.
The La Trobe Access Scholarship is awarded on the condition that the recipient maintains full-time enrolment at La Trobe University (unless you have formal approval to hold the scholarship as a part-time student).
This scholarship is valued at $3000 per year and is paid in two instalments of $1500 in Semester 1 and Semester 2 after confirmation of full-time enrolment after the census dates.
If you receive formal approval to hold the scholarship as a part-time student, you will be paid at the part time rate of $750 for each semester that you are enrolled part time.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Be a commencing the first year of your first Bachelor in Semester 1, 2018 (commencing students are defined as those starting a university course at first year undergraduate level for the first time at any institution.); and
- Meet criteria for educational disadvantage (examples of educational disadvantage can include financial, caring for others, non-English speaking background, disability, or other hardship or disadvantage.)
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- application submitted via the VTAC online application form
- supporting documentation with your application to support the information your provide in your application.
How to apply
Applications for students commencing studies 2018 are now open via the VTAC website. Applications will close on 16 October (12 noon).
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, firstname.lastname@example.org