Governance Services Unit
The Governance Services Unit is part of the Corporate Services Division of La Trobe University.
The objectives of the Governance Services Unit are:
- to actively provide a professional and quality service to facilitate effective and informed decisions in support of the University's strategic direction
- to ensure compliance, transparency and quality assurance by supporting key committees established by the University
- to formulate clear and effective processes and policies to ensure that the key principles of La Trobe's vision are reflected in decisions made across the University.
It discharges this responsibility through:
- provision of high level executive secretariat support to the University's key committees;
- establishing clear processes in relation to management and support of Committees and improving the accountability and practices of University committees
- administration of the University's Policy and Procedure Library, and
- administration of the central governance electoral processes