Governance and Policy Services Unit
The Governance and Policy Services Unit is part of the Planning and Governance Division at La Trobe University.
The objectives of Governance and Policy Services are:
- to actively provide a professional and quality service to facilitate effective and informed decisions that support the University's Strategic Plan
- to ensure compliance, transparency and quality assurance by supporting key committees established by the University
- to formulate clear and effective processes and policies to ensure the principles of La Trobe's vision are reflected in decisions made by key committees.
These objectives are achieved by:
- provision of high level executive secretariat support to the University's key committees
- establishing clear processes in relation to management and support of University committees and improving their accountability and practices
- administration of the central governance electoral processes
- management of the University's Policy Library
- responding to Privacy and Freedom of Information requests
- administration of the delegation framework.