Governance Services Unit
The Governance and Policy Services Unit is part of the Planning and Governance Division at La Trobe University.
The objectives of Governance and Policy Services are:
- to actively provide a professional and quality service to facilitate effective and informed decisions that support the University's Strategic Plan
- to ensure compliance, transparency and quality assurance by supporting key committees established by the University
- to formulate clear and effective processes and policies to ensure the principles of La Trobe's vision are reflected in decisions made by key committees.
These objectives are achieved by:
- provision of high level executive secretariat support to the University's key committees
- establishing clear processes in relation to management and support of University committees and improving their accountability and practices
- administration of the central governance electoral processes
- management of the University's Policy Library
- responding to Privacy and Freedom of Information requests
- administration of the delegation framework.