La Trobe University Graduate Research Scholarship (LTGRS)/Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship
Per annum, for three and a half years. Fee relief additional.
Who is it for?
Future PhD candidates, Australian Citizen, New Zealand Citizen, Permanent Resident, International Student
Where is it available?
Melbourne, Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Mildura, Shepparton
How is it paid?
Applications for these scholarships are now open.
Scholarships are available for a range of advertised doctoral research projects which are aligned to La Trobe University’s areas of research strength and can be viewed here.
The closing date for applications is 31 March for international applicants and 30 April for Australian and New Zealand citizens and Australian Permanent Residents.
Successful applicants must be available to commence their degree between 1 July and 30 November 2021, at a La Trobe University campus.
These scholarships are competitively awarded and selection is based on academic merit and suitability to the selected project.
Benefits of the scholarship
- a stipend for up to three and a half (3.5) years, with a value of $28,597 per annum (2021 rate)
- a tuition fee scholarship for up to four (4) years. Successful domestic applicants will be awarded an RTP Fees Offset scholarship and successful international applicants will be awarded a La Trobe Full Fee Research Scholarship (LTUFFRS) unless another tuition support scholarship exists.
- relocation allowance and publication/thesis allowance or RTP Allowance
- opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- meet the entrance requirements for the proposed course
- not be receiving another scholarship greater than 75 per cent of the stipend rate for the same purpose.
In selecting successful applicants, we prioritise applications from candidates who:
- will be enrolled full-time and undertaking their research at a La Trobe University campus
- have completed a Masters by Research or other significant body of research, such as an honours research thesis or lead authorship of a peer-reviewed publication, assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 75 or above
- are Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents for Research Training Program Scholarships
How to applyFor details of the available projects and how to apply, visit our scholarships webpage.
Who to contact for further information
If you have any further questions, you can submit an enquiry via the Graduate Research School website at https://www.latrobe.edu.au/research/future/enquiry or email us at, firstname.lastname@example.org