Destination Australia Scholarships - International Students
per annum for up to four years
The recipient cannot hold any other scholarship.
Who is it for?
Future undergraduates, Future postgraduate coursework
Where is it available?
Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Mildura, Shepparton
How is it paid?
Two payments per year of $7500 per payment, paid after semester 1 and 2 census dates. Payments will be made for up to four years for new undergraduate students, and two years for new postgraduate by coursework students. Please note that recipients commencing online study due to COVID-19 restrictions will have payment suspended until they can resume face-to-face studies.
The Destination Australia scheme seeks to attract and support international students looking to to study in regional Australia. This scholarship offers students the opportunity to experience high-quality learning in regional Australia.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be an international student commencing their first year of study in an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework course in Semester 1, Semester 2 or Summer 1 of 2021.
- Be studying full-time at a regional campus in a course that is offered entirely at that campus. (Online, Certificate & Diploma course are not eligible for this scholarship)
- Be residing in any area other than R1 classification, or intending to move to an area other than R1 classification at the time of course enrolment.
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- Ability to meet course entry requirements. The La Trobe International Scholarship selection board will assess your application.
- Recipients must meet all the conditions in their Letter of Offer for their course to ensure payment of the scholarship. Conditions of offer can be found in the Letter of Offer sent by admissions.
- Recipients must be studying full-time at a regional campus in a course that is offered in its entirety at the campus. The scholarship is not transferable to other campuses.
- Recipients must enrol in four subjects in a Semester to remain eligible for the scholarship. Recipients must maintain a residency in any area other than R1 classification and provide evidence of residency if requested.
- Recipients cannot hold any other University scholarship.
How to apply
- No separate application is required. Students will automatically be assessed when applying for an eligible course.
- To apply for your course please click here.
Who to contact for further information
La Trobe International, LTIRecruitment@latrobe.edu.au